Get answers to your questions from our knowledgeable contributors.
Obtain useful information and forms together with important links.
Read the latest news and insight from our contributors.
Welcome To Chiropractic Law
Welcome to the premier website for chiropractors which provides vital information, unites creative minds, and empowers the profession.
We are very happy that you took the time to visit our updated site. Be sure to get connected in order to receive regular updates on blogs, developing events, and the latest resource items. Be sure to also join in on conversation and join our webinars on ChiroConnect.
What’s New At The Site:
Take a look at the new blog articles written by legal contributors at our site, Attorney Alan Olson and Attorney Dan Riegleman. Attorney Olson’s article focuses in the area of employment law and summarizes an important federal court decision in that area. Attorney Riegleman’s articles focus on recent developments with administrative actions in the area of doctor delegation. See both posts at: http://chiropracticlaw.com/blog-2/
Pose a question directly to our contributors at AskCL . This is a first in the State where your own concerns can be addressed by one of our knowledgeable contributors, including attorneys who are experienced in chiropractic issues.
- New and updated items to our resources . The focus of these new resources is on techniques to generate more practice income and collect from those patients who may be behind on payments. To see our complete list of new or updated resources …read more
- Make a referral of a patient and access information on injury cases at patient information
- Watch for interactive and informative webinars which will be coming soon. Learn more at http://chiropracticlaw.com/webinars-2/
The biggest news for the profession in years relates to the Wisconsin Chiropractic Association’s (“WCA”) legislative initiative (Senate Bill 762) to dramatically expand the scope of chiropractic to include a new professional designation known as a “Primary Spine Care Practioner” (PSCS) who would have the authority to prescribe medication and administer anesthesia under medical supervision. The “battle lines” have quickly formed over this matter with Chiropractic Society of Wisconsin (“CSW”) opposing the initiative, together with an uncertain number of WCA members. A hearing was recently held in Madison in which both sides of the issue “squared off” over the new concept. The “real” implications of that initial testimony is summarized in a new blog entry. The latest position from both organizations can be found at their websites. A Senate informational hearing was held on May 24th and speakers were invited to provide general information on the bill by invitation from the Senate Committee on Health and Human Services. The hearing was recorded and the video of the hearing which lasted about two hours is available here. Members of this site will receive updates on developments and a list of the critical legislators making decisions on this important matter.
Both state organizations have announced their respective fall conventions which will both be held at the Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells. The WCA will hold its convention first on the weekend of September 15-16; while the CSW will hold its convention on the weekend of October 21-23. Further details on subjects and registration can be found at the respective organization’s website.
An interesting article dealing with collection practice can be found here.
Examining Board Activities:
The next meeting of the Examining Board was supposed to be held on March 17, 2016. Instead, the state’s website states that this meeting (just like the one in January) was cancelled. The meetings were cancelled because of a lack of membership in which to have a quorum to conduct business. Meanwhile, the next meeting is now scheduled for June 23, 2016 at 8:30 at the state office building on East Washington Street in Madison. This site will have information on the minutes from the June meeting when they are released. The next Board meeting is scheduled for September 29th in Madison. Those connected with this site will receive advanced notice and insightful commentary of the Board’s agenda and pending actions.
The state’s website list Juli McNeely as a one of the new “public members” (non-chiropractor) who is now on the Board. Her term will run into 2017.
“Tips” For Now:
- The ICA is offering a new service for doctors known as the “Leadership Line”. This is a free, internet forum where doctors can connect with leaders in the profession to listen in on a variety of topics of interest to the profession. Information available at www.chiropractic.org.
- Doctors may want to take a look at a new example of internet health streaming offered by an organization found at www.healthdialogue.com This group offers a personal health portal for patients on health and wellness information.
- An interesting new book is coming this January which deals broadly with patient inflamation and methods to diagnose and treat the condition. Watch for the book authored by Richard Herowitz called “How Can I Get Better”,
- If you haven’t heard or seen this yet, take a look at a wellness site found at www.healthywisconsin2020.com. This is a patient orientated informational site which results from a partnership established between the Chiropractic Society of Wisconsin and a wellness marketing organization from California known as “Amplife”. The CSW is working with this website service as a means of assisting doctors in sharing insightful information with their patients and the general public on the benefits of natural health through chiropractic wellness. The resources at the website are free to all CSW members.
- It may be worth making http://www.drugwatch.com a resource reference or “favorite” within your computer or lap top for quick access. This site provides updates on the side effects of prescription and other over the counter medications; as well as, a list of medical device recalls.
Stay Connected To …
Patricia Schumacher, D.C. – Chair
John Church, D.C. – Vice Chair
Jeffrey Mackey, D.C.
521 E. Washington Avenue
Madison, WI 53703
Executive Director- John Murray
2 E. Mifflin Street Suite 600
Madison, WI 53703
Executive Director – Steven Conway, D.C.
Advertising is available on this page of the website. Please contact us for further information.
Important Notice: Please read the disclaimer when using this website. All material presented on this website is intended for general informational purposes since the services of a competent professional, should be sought for any specific legal needs. Use of this website and transmission of resources and other information does not create or constitute an attorney-client relationship with any attorney contributing to this website.