Get answers to your questions from our knowledgeable contributors.
Obtain useful information and forms together with important links.
Read the latest news and insight from our contributors.
Welcome To Chiropractic Law
Welcome to the premier website for chiropractors which provides vital information, unites creative minds, and empowers the profession.
We are very happy that you took the time to visit our updated site. Be sure to get connected in order to receive regular updates on blogs, developing events, and the latest resource items. Be sure to also join in on conversation and join our webinars on ChiroConnect.
What’s New At The Site:
Take a look at the new blog article written by Attorney Dan Riegleman which focus on recent developments with administrative actions in the area of doctor delegation. See blog posts at: http://chiropracticlaw.com/blog-2/
Pose a question directly to our contributors at AskCL . This is a first in the State where your own concerns can be addressed by one of our knowledgeable contributors, including attorneys who are experienced in chiropractic issues.
New and updated items to our resources . The focus of these new resources is on techniques to generate more practice income and collect from those patients who may be behind on payments. To see our complete list of new or updated resources …read more
Make a referral of a patient and access information on injury cases at patient information
Watch for interactive and informative webinars which will be coming soon. Learn more at http://chiropracticlaw.com/webinars-2/
The Chiropractic Society of Wisconsin is supporting the highly successful “Chiro Kid’s Day” again in October. Opportunities exist to participate in this annual state wide event. Read More
The biggest news for the profession in years relates to the Wisconsin Chiropractic Association’s (“WCA”) legislative initiative (Senate Bill 762) to dramatically expand the scope of chiropractic to include a new professional designation known as a “Primary Spine Care Practioner” (PSCS) who would have the authority to prescribe medication and administer anesthesia under medical supervision. The “battle lines” have quickly formed over this matter with Chiropractic Society of Wisconsin (“CSW”) opposing the initiative, together with an uncertain number of WCA members. The only public hearing held at the statehouse provided an opportunity for both sides of the issue to firmly “square off” over the new concept. The “real” implications of that initial testimony is summarized in a new blog entry. The latest position from both organizations can be found at their websites. The Senate informational hearing was held on May 24th and speakers were invited to provide general information on the bill by invitation from the Senate Committee on Health and Human Services. The hearing was recorded and the video of the hearing which lasted about two hours is available here. Members of this site will receive updates on developments and a list of the critical legislators making decisions on this important matter.
Examining Board Activities:
The last meeting of the Examining Board was held on September 29, 2016. The primary issue for discussion involved a proposed administrative order dealing with two matters:(1) basic credit hours of training required for CT’s and CRT’s. and (2) the ability and nature of patient care delegation by doctors. A number of changes were suggested to the proposed order presented at the meeting which will be reviewed during the next meeting of the Board in December. Those connected with this site will receive details on the changes and insight on the implications of those changes prior to the next Board meeting. Here you can see the last draft of the Proposed Order 9/16 meeting. Those connected with this site will receive advanced notice and insightful commentary of the Board’s agenda and pending actions.
The state’s website list Juli McNeely as a one of the new “public members” (non-chiropractor) who is now on the Board. Her term will run into 2017. Otherwise, the Board has another relatively new member, Jeffrey King, whose term will expire on July 1, 2019. The Board is now back to its full membership which had been an issue in 2015 when several meetings were adjourned due to a lack of quorum.
“Tips” For Now:
- The ICA is offering a new service for doctors known as the “Leadership Line”. This is a free, internet forum where doctors can connect with leaders in the profession to listen in on a variety of topics of interest to the profession. Information available at www.chiropractic.org.
- Patients can now access reputable sites which seek to compare medical and dental costs. Such sites include: HelathcareBlueBook.com, NewChoiceHealth.com, and FairHealthConsumer.org.
- Doctors may want to take a look at a new example of internet health streaming offered by an organization found at www.healthdialogue.com This group offers a personal health portal for patients on health and wellness information.
- If you haven’t heard or seen this yet, take a look at a wellness site found at www.healthywisconsin2020.com. This is a patient orientated informational site which results from a partnership established between the Chiropractic Society of Wisconsin and a wellness marketing organization from California known as “Amplife”. The CSW is working with this website service as a means of assisting doctors in sharing insightful information with their patients and the general public on the benefits of natural health through chiropractic wellness. The resources at the website are free to all CSW members.
- It may be worth making http://www.drugwatch.com a resource reference or “favorite” within your computer or lap top for quick access. This site provides updates on the side effects of prescription and other over the counter medications; as well as, a list of medical device recalls.
Stay Connected To …
Patricia Schumacher, D.C. – Chair
John Church, D.C. – Vice Chair
Jeffrey Mackey, D.C.
Jeffrey King, D.C.
521 E. Washington Avenue
Madison, WI 53703
Executive Director- John Murray
2 E. Mifflin Street Suite 600
Madison, WI 53703
Executive Director – Steven Conway, D.C.
Advertising is available on this page of the website. Please contact us for further information.
Important Notice: Please read the disclaimer when using this website. All material presented on this website is intended for general informational purposes since the services of a competent professional, should be sought for any specific legal needs. Use of this website and transmission of resources and other information does not create or constitute an attorney-client relationship with any attorney contributing to this website.